Saturday, September 1, 2007

Ahhh, Saturday

I remember leisurely Saturday mornings of sleeping in, followed by watching t.v. in bed. Then we'd get up and have a relaxing breakfast. Ahhh, the good old days. Now I am watching my second Saturday morning sunrise in a row. This week I'm watching with Carter, and Maggie and Seth are sleeping. I'm so envious of people who can put their kids to bed later than usual and have them sleep late the next day. We ran late at dinner last night and didn't get our incredibly tired children in bed until 8:45, so we had high hopes of sleeping in a little today. Ha.

Maggie woke first at 10:30 pm, needing a little love. Then she woke again at 3:00 am. She nursed, then drank 8 oz of formula before settling back down. This truly gave me false hope of sleeping late (and I mean past 6:30 when I say late). But alas, it was not meant to be. At 10 till 6, here came Carter climbing in bed with us. After some pathetic moans and groans from a cold-suffering Seth, I finally gave in and brought Carter in the living room so he could sleep.

Not to say it's all bad. I am being hand fed goldfish like a queen while I type. And Dr. Carter is checking me out, so I'll know that my health is perfect, too. I might even get a shot and a band aid. I'm also getting the best pretend haircut of my life. I was greeted by Maggie calling for Mamamama and standing up in her crib looking around at 6:30. How can you not enjoy that?

So, the good new is that I've definitely got a jump start on my day. The bad news is that I could already use a nap. Ahhhh, Saturday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nicole, save this blog and read it 2-3 yrs. from now, and you'll see how incredibly personal and heart-warming this early-morning time with your children was!