Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Know, I'm Slacking on the Blog!

Long time no blog, huh? I have to admit that lately, by the time I get the kids settled into bed, I just don't have much energy left to write. I've been doing some knitting, but I learned the hard way that I shouldn't knit past 9:00 or I start making big mistakes. I had to take out a huge section of a dress that I was making for Maggie. I think my brain just shuts down at night.

Anyway, enough about me. Onto the kids. We're going to Vacation Bible School at church this week. I'm the snack hostess, so Maggie stays with me and helps me replenish the snacks. Carter spends most of the morning playing in his classroom, but I take him to opening and closing assembly for singing and dancing. And boy does he dance. He flaps his arms like a bird and runs up and down the aisle laughing and shrieking. The child is a dancing fool. I've had several people tell me I should bring a video camera to record him. Maybe I will tomorrow.

Carter's latest thing is wanting to know the name and everyone and everything that he comes across. It's constantly, "Who's dat, Mommy? What's dat, Mommy?" I'm glad he's curious, but it's really embarrassing when he asks who someone is, and I can't think of their name. I try to cover it up with a "Why don't you ask him/her?" Like I think it will just be fun for him to get to ask. You think people are onto me? Probably so.

Maggie is doing great. She's sleeping from about 8:00 p.m. until between 5:00 and 6:00 the next morning. She's starting to get pretty good at sitting up. In the Boppy pillow, she can sit and play for quite a while, and she's getting better and better at keeping her balance without it. She's eating solid food now and loving it. She actually attacks the spoon to get the food. She kind of starts chewing on her way to the spoon like she's trying to get ready for the food. It's really cute.

Well, it's 9:00, and I've already established that my brain shuts down at about this time, so I better quit for now. No telling what I'll type if I don't. I'll try to update more often and post some new pictures soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great to hear from you and the kids!!