Sunday, May 27, 2007

Yuk!

I had to reach into the bottom of the toilet yesterday. I had just put Carter on the potty. He insists on sitting backwards on the potty these days. He was holding a toy car in each hand, and I said, "Carter, be careful not to drop your car....." plop...."in the potty." Awww, not in the potty! The look on his little face was pitiful. "Yellow car in potty, Momma." And there it was, way down in the bottom of the potty - the yellow toy car.

Of course, Seth had magically disappeared as soon as this happened. How do they know to do that? So, I went to the kitchen to look for something to use in my fishing expedition, all the while yelling, "Don't flush the potty, Carter!!" Luckily, the shock of dropping a much-loved toy down the toilet was enough to quell his typically insatiable desire to flush. I came back with a long handled plastic spoon, but unfortunately, it didn't work. I never realized how sharp the angle is at the bottom of a commode. I could have lived without learning that one. Anyway, there was nothing that would do the trick in helping me retrieve the deviant car, so I had to bite the bullet and reach in. Once the car was safe and sound, Seth reappeared. When I told him that I had just had to reach into the toilet, his answer was that research shows that toilet water is cleaner than sink water. "Had a 2-year-old peed in it in this study?" I asked. Hmmm. Probably not. "Urine is sterile, you know," he tells me. Fine. I'll be sure to let him reach into the potty next time.

Carter's newest thing is announcing that he wants to go to a party. In Carter-speak, this sounds like, "I want to potty." So I have to ask him, "Do you need to tee-tee or do you want to go to a party?" Usually, it's a party. And he's decided that Julie's house is the place to party. He's also decided that there must always be cake at Julie's house, since he's had it there once. He makes plans for his parties. He says there will be cake, cookies, singing, dancing, and that we'll play trains. Sounds like fun to me.

Maggie is eating cereal now and loving every bite. She actually attacks the spoon. I have to try to hold her hands back so she doesn't pull the spoon away from me. Then she lunges at it with her mouth and gnaws on the spoon until I can wiggle it out. She's such a cutie pie!

Well, that's it for tonight. Hope you all have a good Memorial Day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I've fished for things in the toilet before...and I'll admit that it wasn't even Liam that knocked them in there!

Love the pics of the kids - they are more adorable everyday!