Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Mmmmm Cake!

After a crazy day yesterday, we decided to spend the day at home today. We did lots of laundry and played a lot. I was hanging a jacket in the coat closet this morning, when I discovered two stuffed animals that I had bought the kids for Easter, but forgotten to give them. They were the Sandra Boynton pig and chicken. I brought them out, and told Carter that he had to choose one for himself and then Maggie would get the other. At first, he said that he wanted both, but I told him he could only have one. So he chose the chicken and put the pig in the swing with Maggie. A few minutes later, he said that he wanted to play with the pig, so I told him he had to ask Maggie if it was okay. She, of course, said yes, so he took the pig out of the swing, and I went into the other room. When I came back, I found that Carter had put his chicken in the swing with Maggie. Then later he put both the pig and chicken in the swing with her. Awww, what a sweet boy! I was so proud that he shared without me making him!

We finally got out of the house this evening. The children's choir at our church had a musical tonight (Whoo-hoo! Great job with the solo Lindsey!), and there was a dinner afterwards. We all thought that the food was good, but no one enjoyed it more than Carter. He ate all of his chicken nuggets, doused in pepper, of course. Then he was ready for the cake. It was yellow cake with chocolate icing. He started with the icing. It got everywhere - his face, his neck, his arms, his clothes, his eyebrows - you name it, Carter had frosting on it. Then he proceeded to drop the fork, pick a piece of cake up in each fist, and go to town. By the time he finished, he had become quite a spectacle. I was so glad that other people had their cameras with them. I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard, so tonight I'm going to just post a couple of pictures of Carter and the cake. I hope it makes you smile, too.

No comments: