Sunday, April 8, 2007

Hippity Hoppity

Well, the Easter festivities are officially over around here. We had egg hunts Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Carter got the concept a little bit better this year. Instead of picking up one egg and wanting to sit down and play with it, he actually ran around and picked up quite a few eggs this time. We had a cold front come through this week, so I had to bundle up the kids to go to both egg hunts. I believe it was in the 30s for the Saturday morning hunt! I had the worst time getting us out of the house Saturday morning, so we didn't get to the hunt until after almost all of the eggs had been found. Luckily, I was rescued by a kind parent who had some extra eggs. He hid them specially for Carter, so everyone was happy. Of course, once the egg hunt was over, someone looked at Carter's feet and said, "Carter must have put his own shoes on today!" I looked down, realized his shoes were on the wrong feet, and thought, "Hmm. I should really just let her think that Carter did this to himself." Then I decided that you don't get much lower than blaming your mistakes on a two-year-old, and I admitted, that I was the one who can't put shoes on correctly.

Carter was fun with his Easter basket this morning. He doesn't get the whole Easter bunny concept yet, but he was excited about the basket of goodies. He ran to his basket and started digging through it. Then he looked up and said, "Oh cool!! I like it!!" Hmm. I guess Carter hears me saying, "Oh cool!" a lot. Sue-Suz gave the kids Charlotte's Web for Easter. Carter insisted on watching part of it before church this morning. His eyes got so wide when the animals started talking. He turned to Seth and said, "Daddy! Animals are talking!!!!"

After church, I had high hopes of getting some good pictures of the kids in their Easter outfits. This was not to be. Maggie decided that this was a good time to cry inconsolably. Carter decided that he might have to poo-poo in the next hour or so, and had to have both his pants and underwear off just in case. After about an hour of holding out hope, Seth and I gave up and decided that we'll just dress them up in their Easter outfits again another day and take some pictures. So, Easter is over, but I still have plastic grass all in my carpet as a reminder of the festivities. That, and a two-year-old who crashed hard tonight when he came down from his Easter candy sugar high. Think I'll go crash next.

No comments: