Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A Rainy Day Can't Get Us Down

Does anyone else remember that commercial from the 80's? "A rainy day can't get me down, with Care Bear shoes from Buster Brown. Spread a little sunshine all around, with Care Bear shoes from Buster Brown." Okay, maybe I'm the only one who remembers that commercial so vividly. I guess I really wanted those shoes as a kid! Anyway, I guess you've figured out that it rained a lot today. We always have to work to entertain ourselves when we're stuck in the house all day.

We started out the day with a little cooking. Carter helped me make pigs in a blanket. He was quite the little chef! I thought he would lose interest quickly, but he stuck with me the whole time. He actually wanted to cook some more after we finished. We may have a budding chef on our hands. Now I just have to talk Seth into that kitchen set!

Later, we set up a tent in the living room. We read under the tent. We colored under the tent. We sang under the tent. Tents are good for hours of fun.

Maggie did a little rolling practice on the floor before settling down in her crib for a good rainy afternoon nap.

The sun finally came out late this afternoon, and we escaped to church for Wednesday night dinner. I'm not sure who was happier to get out of the house - Carter or me. After church, it was back home for baths and bedtime. It's supposed to be sunny and warm tomorrow. Don't look for us to be in the house much tomorrow!

No comments: