Thursday, April 5, 2007

I Feel Pretty

It's been a day of makeovers in our household today. Some planned, some not so planned.

First, my car got a little makeover-new tires! We switched the carseats to Seth's car this morning, dropped my car off, took Carter to Mother's Day Out, and dropped Seth off at work before Maggie and I took off to get our morning errands run. The car switch threw Carter for a loop. Every time he was in the car with me today, he kept saying "Momma's in Daddy's car. Where's Momma's car? Momma's car's at work? Daddy and Momma's car? Carter's in Daddy's car with Momma." I think the kid will be glad for things to go back to normal tomorrow!

Then I continued the makeover process with a trip to the hairdresser. I go through cycles with my hair, and today I decided that it was time to go short again. So, three pounds of hair later, I've got my new, cool summer hairdo. I went in with a picture of a haircut with lots of layers. Hollye took one look at it and decided that I, who dry my hair while sitting on the bed reading a book (and sometimes simultaneously nursing the baby), needed something a littler simpler and easier to fix. She was right, and I love the new cut and love that I can still read a book while I dry it!

Everything progressed normally until I was trying to cook dinner tonight. Carter was back in my bedroom quietly watching Snoopy. Or so I thought. I was cooking hashbrowns on the stove, when Seth came home from work and went back to see Carter. Moments later he came back to the kitchen with a very purple Carter, saying, "Did you know he was doing this?" I have recently gotten some new makeup that is all in powder form - even the eyeshadow. The very purple eyeshadow. And Carter had made himself over with it from head to toe.



Seth immediately put him in the tub and cleaned him off, while I discovered the next makeover of the day: the carpet in our bedroom, which was now purple also. So we've spent the evening trying to de-purple our child and de-purple the carpet.

Carter is in bed now, so I'm hoping the only makeover that happens for the rest of the night is that the huge pile of unfolded clothes in the floor turns into neatly folded and put away laundry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OHHHH NOOOO!!! I feel responsible for leaving the make up on your bed!!