Monday, March 19, 2007

Potty Training - Day One

Here's the score:
Pee-pee on the carpet - 3
Pee-pee in the potty (with Mommy snatching him up mid-stream and running to the potty) - 1
Displays of public nudity - 1 (at least it was on our own property)

Here's what I've learned today:
1. You can lead the boy to the potty, but you can't make him pee.
2. The bladder of a 2 year old can hold an amazing amount of urine before the child simply floods the house.
3. I enjoy the quality time I spent with Carter while he was sitting on the potty today. (No, seriously, part of it was fun!)
4. You should have no expectations for yourself domestically or socially speaking while you are potty training during the day.
5. Pep talks from your sister who has potty trained two kids by the age of two make you feel like you're doing the right thing and that you should trudge on!
6. If you're not leaving the house during the day, try to find a way to sneak out at night for a little bit. Which is what I'm about to do. "The Girls" (which is how Julie and Suz are referred to around here) are picking me up to take me to Starbucks for a bit.
So I'm keeping it relatively short tonight. Thank you - to my dear sweet hubby for actually encouraging my outing tonight- I needed this!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ugghhhhhh . . . POTTY TRAINING! Good luck. Tell Carter that Aunt Birdie will be so proud of him if he will just pee pee in the potty. :-) If you need moral support, call me. I could get a day off work for something as important as potty training reinforcements!

Anonymous said...

Well, this "girl" enjoyed the adult time last night!! Thanks for getting me out of the house too!!