Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Potty Training - Day Three

Scoreboard:
Pee-pee on the carpet - zero!!!!
Pee-pee in the potty - 7!!!!
Poo-poo in the potty - 1!!!
Displays of public nudity - 2 (Hey, I've got to let the kid go in the backyard and play a little!)
Hours spent in the bathroom - 8 or 9, with some breaks.
Incredible friend who spent the whole day in the bathroom with us - one very special Birdie!!

Many of you have called to ask why there was no update blog yesterday. There's one simple reason: Yesterday's potty training day was something that you are better off not knowing about. Seriously. I was ready to keep the kid in diapers till he was 20, but I got some much needed encouragement of support from many of you, and we continued on.

Today we had a potty party for Carter. We set up a laptop in the upstairs bathroom so he could watch movies on the potty. Then we brought in books, lots and lots of drink, and his favorite snacks. The theory was to make the bathroom a fun place and overload him with liquid all day, so he would need to go. It worked great. At first he would want to get up as soon as he felt the need to potty, but he got the hang of it quickly and got more and more cooperative. Tonight he actually ran in and sat on the potty and tee-teed on his own! He likes the potty so much now, that he told Seth that he had to potty tonight as an excuse to get out of going to bed!

Maggie has been the best easy-going baby on earth for the past three days. Today, it was so nice to have Heather here to help me with Carter and Maggie. I felt like Maggie didn't get ignored quite as much today! Thank you, thank you, thank you Heatherbird for making today so much better! I couldn't have done it without you. And yes, I fully expect you to keep a log of everything that you do to help me with my kids so I can repay you someday! You're the best!

No comments: